Thursday 7 January 2010

Vest with the Fur...The Fur!

I needed to start twenty-ten with a new do-it-yourself projects. I was lucky to come across my dad's old leather jacket that he had enough of, and really you can't get anymore Vintage than that. Thanks Daddy-O!


I'm obsessed with leather and fur for the winter season, so I decided to take some inspiration from other jackets I liked, and tweaked it a little to make it my own.


Inspiration:





 

My version (almost done!):
The leather is still in great condition

Before: It had arms, but I had already cut them off :)

 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



[caption id="attachment_120" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Can't forget the Fur!"][/caption]


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



[caption id="attachment_122" align="alignleft" width="226" caption="Almost done!"][/caption]

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The final product  will be posted soon, once its finished and a part of the ever-growing family I like to call "my wardrobe".

xo.

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks fantastic!!!
    Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're probably right then. Family guy has done much, much worse. What a great show!

    ReplyDelete