Thursday 21 January 2010

Breath....Smile

In between my classes today, I had some thoughts about my new year.


I began my year with a list of things I wanted to accomplish and I'm feeling extremely positive about the outcome so far. I am constantly reminding myself not to get too discouraged, but I can't help it. Sometimes I'm a little harder on myself than I should be.

Deep down, I'm a perfectionist, but care free at the same time, so my biggest struggle is to level both out and just stay confident and happy with myself.  I usually have a new years resolution and it's never carried out throughout the entire year, so I usually give it up by February, MAYBE March. Maybe its the pressure? I'm not really sure, but a "resolution" is a term used so lightly that I don't think anyone takes it very seriously, and its only now, in 2010, I can admit to being a part of this established group.

So, 2010 is a new year with new resolutions NO resolutions. I am choosing to live out my 2010 feeling positive, happy and keeping my worries to a minimum. I have been proud with myself so far, in keeping up with the gym regularly and committing to my school obligations. I will continue to fill my time with things that get me ahead in life, make me happy inside and out and surround myself with people in life that really respect, appreciate and truly love me. These people are what motivates me to accomplish my goals and give me strength when I doubt myself (because, it happens too often..but I'm working on it!).





When great things come my way this year, I will cherish and appreciate it and use it as motivation. When negative things come my way, I'll do my best to get rid of the problem and learn from the experience, but for now, I am taking it all in, being true to myself and not forgetting to breath....and smile.

xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment