Wednesday 6 January 2010

Neck of the Woods

   

[caption id="attachment_77" align="aligncenter" width="281" caption="Roberta Chiarella necklace- I adore!"][/caption]

 

I found it ironic to post about "chunky" necklaces.  I am posting this instead of hitting the gym. I am just too sore from yesterdays working so I'm giving myself a break today, but I am going in tomorrow, I'm promising myself.  

I find more comfort in talking about one of my favorite items for 2010. No matter what your body type is or how you feel, jewellery always fits. That being one of the many reasons why I love it. Hallelujah!! Chunky necklaces also known as costume or bib necklaces, have taken over my jewellery obsession for the last couple months, and my obsession is quickly growing. I can't help it! 

[caption id="attachment_82" align="alignleft" width="163" caption="Aldo "][/caption]

 

 



[caption id="attachment_87" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Aldo "][/caption]

 
Usually people tend to think of costume jewellery as something to pair with a gorgeous gown or while wearing a party dress. In fact, I love to pair my costume necklaces with mostly simple and classic items; heels, jeans, basic top and a blazer. The jewellery gives a bit of a POW to simple, but classic outfit. Always remember that making such a big statement around your neck means keep it simple with other jewellery you are wearing. Keep the earrings to studs at most, but apart from the chunky necklace, leave your big earings at home.

   

   

[caption id="attachment_91" align="aligncenter" width="350" caption="Chanel & Vera Wang"][/caption]

 

unfortunately, i cannot afford the glorious necklaces made by Chanel and Vera like some lucky ladies, but someday I hope. For the wallet conscious women out there,  you can find great costume necklaces at a lower price at such stores like Aldo, Forever 21 and many more! I came across the designer Roberta Chiarella (picture above) and instantly fell in love with this necklace. All are made with Crystallizes Swarofski elements, and will luckily not make a huge dent in your wallet.  

So, take the next step in jewellery and get comfortable in these neck of the woods! 

xo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment