Monday 4 January 2010

Support is Key

 

Just a random post before I head to the gym. I have time to kill but I didn't want to miss anything if I talked about my Must have  fashion of 2010. I joined my Man in welcoming back the fallen soldiers that have recently passed in Afghanistan. We went to the closest bridge looking over the Highway of Heroes as the police cars and hearses that sadly passed under us.  

It was quite the experience. Sad of course, but patriotic. It was freezing, beyond what I prepared myself for, but seeing the amount of people holding flags as well as my Man, holding his Support the Troops flag, made me very proud to be a part of such a respectful group of people. It was great hearing the honks by the cars that drove by, but it surprised me of how little honks I heard. Now, it is always important to pay attention to the road, but I can't help but think that some people just....Don't care.  

[caption id="attachment_26" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Highway of Heroes"][/caption]

 

What some fail to realize is that, I don't support war. I don't like fights and as a person, I don't even like confrontation, but where would we be if those soldiers did not stand up for us? Who would be there to protect our country and stand up to help others who do not even reside in Canada?  

Our soldiers are brave people. I do not support hate and war, but I never fail to support them.  

Think about it.  

xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment