Wednesday 20 January 2010

Locks of Love

 

I love doing hair. Cutting, dying styling, you name it. I just love to do it. I can never remember when my obsession began. I grew up in sports and never really "girlified" myself, but once I started growing into my own and becoming a young woman, hair was just something ( I wont lie) I was good at. I went to hair stylists here and there, but I was never happy when i left. My mom thinks its my OCD that makes me unhappy when I leave the salon, but I constantly defend that I just never get exactly what i want. The old saying goes "You want something done well, do it yourself!". Oh, how true.  

I figure if I screw up, at least I won't pay hundreds of dollars for something I can easily do myself. Also, when I sit in the chair at the stylists, its my damn hair, if I tell you i want something done, don't give me your opinion. Its my HAIR! ( Sorry, I tend to get a bit irritated on this subject)  

So, to completely remove myself from such situations, I have been doing my own hair. I have been red, blonde , brown and black, and cut my hair short, blunt layered and long. I have never dared to dye my locks any "funky" colours like purple, pink etc (yuk!), because that is something I would never do. It's just not my style. I have long brown hair at the moment, but I am itching to chop them all off and have an extremely short do, but I am making myself wait.....for now. 

I have pretty much mastered cutting, trimming, highlights, all-over dye and even hair extensions. It's all about trial and error, but the hardest part is taking the plunge and going for it. I must admit, it's kind of my drug. When people need a change, they decide to wear a dress, but me, I change my hair. My sister constantly hassles me every time I see her, because I look different. I can't help it. I love change. Now, don't get the wrong idea. I don't change it everyday, but I would have to say that I change my hair drastically more than most girls.  

Since I can only do so much, I like when my friends let me style their hair. I love doing their hair before a night out or even to mess around with. It's just "my thing". It's just a great feeling when I catch them checking themselves out in the mirror. It's good to know I can give them that extra touch to feel even sexier. 

My girlfriend recently asked me to put in her new glue-in track extensions, and of course, I couldn't decline. It's always fun, so i thought I would put up some pics of the process. 

[caption id="attachment_219" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="straightening her hair"][/caption]

 

[caption id="attachment_220" align="aligncenter" width="236" caption="applying the hair bonding glue"][/caption]

 

[caption id="attachment_222" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="track in"][/caption]

 

[caption id="attachment_223" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="side tracks in to frame the face"][/caption]

 

[caption id="attachment_224" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="all tracks in- before being layered"][/caption]

 

[caption id="attachment_225" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Ta-da! Layered and ready to go!"][/caption]

 

It ended up going smoothly, and she looks unbeweaveable! lol 

xo.

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME JOB DANIELLE!!!
    I'm really proud of you!!

    If my hair doesnt grow soon, im coming to you for extensions mmkay?!
    loove you hun
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete