Monday 4 January 2010

Kiss This!

  

[caption id="attachment_57" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Kiss This Fellas!"][/caption]

 

First step to a new you in 2010. You guessed it! Hot Lips. No, i don't mean a crazy lip plumper that burns the hell out of your kissers, but a bright hue for a brighter you. I was never an eyeshadow kinda girl, and I always kept my eye makeup clean and simple, but I have been going goo goo for bright and sexy lips for a while now, as seen below. I have always been a huge fan of MAC cosmetics and I have continued to go there to pick up my monthly lipstick shade. Their matte lipsticks stay on and don't run, which is helpful for those long night outs.  (Note: If you return 6 empty cases of MAC's cosmetics, you receive a free lipstick, lip gloss or eyeshadow at selected stores.)    

[caption id="attachment_71" align="aligncenter" width="223" caption="Wearing MAC's "rebel" shade"][/caption] 

Ladies, I know a bright lip colour is a little intimidating sometimes, but once you get the hang of it, I know you will fall in love with a colour of your choice as I have. The unforgettable hues can range from bright pinks to bright reds and even for you brave ladies dark purples.            

   

    

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

 I got the idea to post some tips from my good friend who said "Dani! I can't pull off red lips!" and I assured her she could (apart from the fact that she has a gorgeous palette anyway), but yes, anyone can change their look and mix it up even for a night on the town. It's just all on how you apply it and choosing the colour that suits you best, because what looks good on your friend, may not always look great on you. So, here are some tips that can help:      

 - Start with a fresh palette. I always like to softly brush my lips while I brush my teeth in the morning ( it gets rid of all dry and flakiness and leaves your lips smooth. Also, moisturize! moisturize! moisturize ladies!      

 - Brush face powder over lips to start. This is great for bright lipsticks for the colour to cling to your lips and prevents running to occur.      

 - Line lips. Buy and use a colour closest to the lipstick colour so it is easier to blend. Some may not prefer liner, but i recommend it for a bright colour so you have a guideline to your lips. To stick the lipstick colour to your lips better, it is always helpful to fill in your lips with the liner as well. (Tip: If you want plumper lips, line a little bit outside of your natural lipline, but not too far, or else you will look like The Joker-Yikes!)      

 - Fill in with Lipstick. It's up to you ladies, you can either use the lipstick directly to fill in your lips, or you can use a lip brush to gradually draw in the colour. It is really up to you and what you're comfortable with.        

- Shine. Depending on your preference, you can add some shine or you can keep it matte. However, a big misconception is using gloss all over the lip. This makes it easy to run. The trick is to dab a little gloss in the middle of your upper and lower lip to give a "plump" effect.        

- Do I have lipstick on my teeth? To make sure you don't have red teeth, there is a trick I sware by. After applying lipstick, take your index finger and pop it in your mouth, then pull it out. The excess lipstick will come off on your finger rather than your teeth.      

[caption id="attachment_67" align="aligncenter" width="209" caption="Even Paris can't pull this off"][/caption]

 

So, go for it! If you are worried on what colour to choose, spend a couple hours at a makeup store of your choice with some girlfriends who will give you honest feedback, and try on all the colours that catch your eye. You may fall in love. I know I have.       

 xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment