Thursday 4 March 2010

LG Fashion Week here I come

  


  

  


 




I experienced my first fashion show experience a couple years ago, when my boyfriend surprised me with tickets to L'oreal Fashion Show. I love that he, unlike some guys,was able to enjoy the experience "almost" as much as I did. We dressed up, went for dinner at one of my favorite restaurants and heading downtown Toronto for the show. Aqua di Lara was the first show we saw and I was captivated. The models looked like they needed some runway walk help from Miss Jay, but seeing them as they hit the end of the runway as a cluster of cameras flash consecutively one after another, is something that will never leave my mind.   

Not gonna lie. I felt like a big deal. I promised myself that i would make it a habit to go whenever I could after that life changing experience.   

The year following I gathered a bunch of my girlfriends, and insisted we all go. I planned the entire night, and I was sure they would enjoy the experience almost as much as I did. I must admit, some were more excited than others, but some girls just don't get it the way that I do, but it was an experience nonetheless.   

Unfortunately, due to circumstance I was unable to make it to the last LG fashion week, but luckily, the next one is the week of my Birthday! I couldn't ask for a better birthday present. My girlfriend and I are planning to watch a couple of our favorite collections and I cannot wait to sit and enjoy.   

I was lucky to meet a bunch of great and inspiring people from the industry last time, including Jeanne Beker from Fashion Television, so i'm hoping for the same this time. Jeanne was so inspiring and unsuspectingly sweet. We even joked we had the same hair-do!  

This time, its gonna be birthday-filled. I'm thinking classy lunch with my girlfriend, maybe some champagne when we arrive at the LG Fashion Show, and I will be taking notes while watching the collections, so I can fill you guys in on what I like...and maybe what i don't.   

I'm hoping to see the fall collections of:   

- RUDSAK



 


- David Dixon  

- Pink Tartan  

Pink tartan
  

- Joe Fresh Style   

- Bustle (must admit, just for the eye-candy) &  

- Lundstrom ( debuting their collection)  

These are only my favorites, but the more shows I can see, the better! I cannot wait!  

xoxo.  





1 comment:

  1. I love how houndstooth is making a comeback. I remember when I was small, watching my mom get ready for work, and all her houndstooth ensembles!

    Some of which I may snag and use for myself!

    ReplyDelete