Friday 5 March 2010

Jàdore Chanel

 

 I mostly try to write my posts to benefit the readers, and maybe even give some insight or a taste of my daily life, but this post. It's strictly personal.  

Fashion has evolved tremendously. If you look away for a second, you can miss so much. Maybe thats why I'm so intrigued by it. It's ever-changing. Fast-pased, and oh so inspiring. Fashion itself stands for independence and confidence, and anytime in my life where I feel like I'm holding back, I think of the designers, te designs, the models and the industry, and I take that leap of faith. Thats what the entire industry is about. Grabbing the bulls by the horns, to put it figuratively.  

 

The Chanel 2.55 bag is iconic, and has over the years, inspired many imitations, but Chanel had a fresh attitude towards the trademark designs-  I would shed tears the day no one copied me, the designer said.  

The elegant purse has continuously been coveted as a status symbol ever since it was established in 1955, and was one of the few designs to include pockets, which was Ms. Chanel`s passions at the time, also including a front pocket which it is claimed that Coco would hide love letter from her beau. (Yes, theres juicy stuff in her life too!) 

Coco was incredibly smart when she designed the chain strap for her purse. She was confident every woman loved chains, and boy was she ever right. It is said that Chanel got the inspiration for the chain, interestingly enough from the orphanage she grew up in and the caretakers had chains dangling from their waist. You can`t get more innovative than that. Truly inspiring.  

Some girls are into Louie, their Gucci, Coach, YSL, Prada and so so many more. But moi, jàdore Chanel. Don`t get confused, I have a fascination with many designers, but Chanel stands alone in my books. What it brings to fashion is beyond class. It`s a lifestyle. Chanel took mens-inspired wear to a whole other meaning to the term tomboy.  

  

If you want to understand my love for Chanel...Well you never can, however if you are interested in getting to know Gabrielle Bonheur `Coco`Chanel, then watch the movie,  Coco before Chanel. There`s no blood, no action and its not scary, but if you appreciate fashion and need a girls night. Rent it. Enjoy it. & be Inspired by it. 

  





 

xoxo. 

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love the Chanel 2.55 bag! Can't wait to own one for myself! (thoughts become things lol)

    ReplyDelete