Wednesday 3 February 2010

Pullin for the Rookie


  



[caption id="attachment_315" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Tavi"][/caption]

 

I am all for people coming from the bottom and breaking boundaries, so when I heard of the 13- year old blogger Tavi Gevinson, better known as the Style Rookie, who is subbing in for Fashion Television's Jeanne Beker for New York Fashion Week, I got really excited to see the outcome.  

 I am a huge fan of Beker (hence the pic) who will be away covering the Olympics style beat, and through reading Gevinson's blog, I can only cross my fingers that she does a great job. She got off to a good start when she chose the 3 shows: Mark Jacobs, Y-3 and Alexander Wang to cover. Oh, to be young again.   

[caption id="attachment_314" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Taken at Toronto Fashion Week wearing Armani Exchange"][/caption]

 

This girl is young, but she has already made her mark in the fashion world. While her outfits are "outrageous" as Beker would call them, and her fashion sense is very out there, there is no telling that people are listening to this intellectual doe-eyed girl.   

So, take a look at this little-things blog: http://tavi-thenewgirlintown.blogspot.com  

Okay okay, I'm actually going to finish some school work and head to bed....toodles  

xoxo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment