Wednesday 17 February 2010

What a difference a day can make

Had to title my post this statement because of an in-class assignment I did with the now birthday girl I coincidently share my name with. Shout out! 

Alright, back on the whole reason for this post. I am beyond sorry. I was always one of those people who thought "I will post on my blog every single day!" but what a hypocrite I am. It's not out of laziness though, times have just been really busy and stressful. The last week has seemed really hectic with school and other commitments, but just when I had the free time, I got hit with the bug. No, not the "love bug" (thanks Jonas bros) but the sick bug. I knew it had to do with stress. 

I constantly reassure people that i am not one to stress out. I am serious. Why stress? Take it easy! But I guess with all my commitments and school work load, my body just shut dowwwwwwwn.  

But. Ta-da! All better now. Well on my way anyway, but I have missed my baby blog oh so much. I feel like I have so much to catch up on, but I can't go crazy, or else I will scare everyone away.  

My blog is a way for me to express my thoughts and ideas for people who I imagine are listening to me. It beats listening to myself, I'll tell ya!  

So, what a difference a day can make, but in this case....try, 12 days! Yikes, so instead of posting post after post and overwhelming myself, I will give a couple "this and thats" to what has been on my mind for the last little forever.  

The Sads:  

First and foremost. Mr McQueen. A part of me died a little I must say. It caught me completely off guard and was so tragic. Fashion has lost a remarkable soul and designer. Fashion designer Alexander "Lee" McQueen has passed on but his visions will last forever. At least, in my heart they will. 

 

The Tunnage: 

I have not gotten this song off replay on my iPod. It's a little old school but its catchy and you can't go wrong with B.I.G. It's such a degrading song, but I dont give a **** I'm no feminist! 





 

The Pink: 

I was a lucky little girl and came across this vintage baby pink blazer. Yeah, just throw it in the wardrobe with the other million blazers I own. I don't care. This blazer is getting love. I paired it with my Guy Laroche purse I talked about in my previous post. The bf thought I looked "adorable" in it. I'm still trying to work with the term "adorable". I was going for mildly sexy, so, back to the drawing board! 

[caption id="attachment_357" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Yuck! In the off chance that I don't wear heels, I look like a short troll!"][/caption]

 

The Pup: 

Baby Bruno. yeahhhh he aint a baby. I laugh when people say "want to meet my puppy?" and its a big ass dog and you're like, "are you kidding me? That's a dog!" But any who, this dog is adorable, he's a badass but a huge suck at heart. When I heard his name bruno, I fell in love because Cinderella is one of my favorite Disney movies, so he is my pup dedication. 

 

The Inspiration: 

V Beckham. What a little hottie-2-trottie? She graces us with the cover of Glamour magazine UK for March 2010, and I can't lie, she makes me miss my short hair so much! But, I refuse to grab the scissors in my bathroom and go edward-scissorhands on my hair. I'm pulling back! 

By the way, my bff Jill @ mscuentodoesthecity.blogspot.com  just chopped off all her hair for a short do and she looks absolutely gorgeous :) Love you Jilly! 

[caption id="attachment_361" align="aligncenter" width="384" caption="ps. I want this pup!"][/caption]

 

[caption id="attachment_362" align="aligncenter" width="350" caption="New Years Circa 2008"][/caption]

 

 The Project: 

 

 I have had similar Aldo leather ankle boots since they first came out a couple years ago, and since I got a brand new suede pair I wanted to do something with my Aldo ones. I am over the laces and I have plans for a DIY. I can't wait to get started. I have flowers that I have made out of silk fabric and I was thinking of adding it to the back of the shoe for a little fun and flirty accent.  Here is my little bit of inspiration. 

[caption id="attachment_365" align="aligncenter" width="350" caption="The flower would be more on the back of the heel than the side"][/caption]

 

Ahhhhh DIY's complete my life. 

The Thanks: 

Thanks to everyone who compliments me on my blog. It really means a lot that not only I'm actually making sense when i write all thats going on in my noggin', but that you guys get it. Soon after starting my blog on wordpress, I realized that I wanted to switch to Blogspot but I am waiting for a time that I will be free to transfer all I have here to a new address. I hope you guys continue to follow me there too, because I still have loads to talk about.  

I promise it won't be another 12 days til my next post. Toodles. 

The Bye: xoxo.

3 comments:

  1. Thx for the shout out love!! You're one of my uber fave bffs!! <3 You have my heart even when I'm not with you -- and btw if you switch to blogspot I think there's a way to transfer posts...but I may be wrong. Oops.

    I love blogspot.. come to the dark side, or should I say hot 'spot'! XO

    Keep bloggin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. am in love with the pink blazer... and the first thing I think of when I hear DIY is a bedazzler haha.

    love your blog, miss u nella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lola :)
    Miss you more!

    ReplyDelete