Tuesday 7 December 2010

My Way- J.Crew Way

A while back I was invited to an event called Boobyball. A 70's inspired event for Breast Cancer awareness.


Once invited, I run through my wardrobe of what to wear, and half the time, I just like having something new. Unfortunately, my budget wouldn't allow it. So, plan B. Make something!


I went to a local thrift store and I randomly came across this plus plus PLUS sized womans dress shirt. It had the biggest shoulder pads I had ever seen and it was literally falling off of me. However, the sparkles in the fabric mixed with the texture directed me straight to the checkout.


I basically took it apart and then put it back together. Except, I wore it as a minidress. I brought in the sides and arms and took out the slits in the side. Voila!



Don't mind the picture quality. It was taken with an iPhone.


Back to my point. As I browse the latest trends online (which I do just about everyday) I came across this J.Crew dress.



Look Familiar? I thought so too.


I just like to put my own twist on things. That's life right? You always appreciate things more when you DIY!


xoxo


dani

2 comments:

  1. Loving the sparkly black dress. Looks great on you!

    xo ShoeTease

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) It was a nice mini-project!

    ReplyDelete